Personnel Action Form (PAF) Transaction Index
New-Hire PAF (PDF)
The Personnel Action Form (PAF) is used for many HRPC transactions.
There are two versions of the form:
- New-Hire PAF: This is a blank form to be used to hire new administrative officers or support staff.
- Active PAF: This is a form, accessed through the PeopleSoft system, that includes an employee's current information. Use this form for all PAF transactions other than hiring.
Important Note: To hire an academic officer, use a Nomination Form.
- Download PAF: New-Hire PAF (PDF)
- Please let us know if you have any problems either viewing or printing the forms after downloading Acrobat Reader. Important Note: If you would like to save the information you enter on the form you must purchase Adobe Acrobat Professional. It is available at educational pricing from GovConnection.
- Enter Information Directly on the Form: After you open the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can enter directly on the form page and use the drop down boxes. Please do not handwrite the information.
- Verify That the Form is Complete: Please take a minute to proof your form by verifying that the information is correct and that all of the appropriate fields have been completed.
- Print and Sign the Form: Once the form is complete, print and sign it then route it to the appropriate office.
Active PAFs: Generate your Active PAF’s from PeopleSoft. Non-PeopleSoft Active PAFs will not be processed. They will be returned to you.
- Print Active PAF Form: Go to Manager Self Service, available through the MyColumbia Portal (see box). After you select a specific Faculty & Staff member, the "Employee Information" page will appear; the "Generate a PAF" link is on the bottom right side of the page. When the PAF appears, click on the icon of a printer in the top right corner of the web browser tool bar. Note: You should have Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 installed to print the form properly.
- Print/Type Information Directly on the Form: After you print the Active PAF, you should put a diagonal line through the text you are changing (this way the original information is still legible for the reviewer/approver), then print/type changes directly on the form.
- Verify Form is Complete: Please take a minute to proof your form by verifying that the information is correct and that all of the appropriate fields have been completed. Please make sure that all fields that are supposed to have information are complete (e.g. educational information, “A” for permanent residents). If the fields are blank, please add the missing information before submitting the form, otherwise it will be returned to you to complete.
- Print and Sign the Form: Once the changes are complete, sign the PAF, then route it to the appropriate office for approval. Important Note: The online PAF reflects the information from the prior day. In other words, if you change an employee’s address online or if we enter a correction on his/her record, you will not see it until the next morning. This is because the table that provides the information to the PAF report only updated once each day in the nightly batch process.